Roles are the foundation of SAP access, and any organizatio...
Why PeopleSoft Process Automation Is Fundamental To Security And Compliance
Today’s distributed businesses need solutions to mitigate the risks of diverse access to PeopleSoft applications. Organizations have discovered that the outdated, manual ways of designing and managing controls are inadequate for addressing dynamic risks. As various employees (on-site and remote) and third-party vendor systems require access, PeopleSoft customers face challenges in protecting critical data and transactions. As a result, companies managing dozens of processes and billions of transactions need integrated solutions to automatically remediate risks in real-time based on contextual access decisions. This is where process automation can make a significant impact in improving security and compliance.
The Growing Need For Process Automation
Hybrid work and digital transformation are accelerating changes in distributed operations, risk, regulation, technology, and business data. PeopleSoft teams often struggle to keep pace due to certain inherent challenges, including:
- Access controls are designed for a small set of privileged users and activities
- Manual control management causes human errors and SoD violations
- Lengthy provisioning processes impact productivity
- Deprovisioning delays increase security risks
- Monitoring is time-consuming and cumbersome
- Remediation is too slow to prevent damage
- A consolidated real-time view of risk is not available
- User access reviews are lengthy, ineffective, and costly
Your organization needs to continuously analyze access and activities to create a comprehensive real-time picture of risk. Armed with the right solution, you can identify, evaluate, and prioritize access-related risks facing your organization.
3 Ways PeopleSoft Process Automation Ensures Security And Compliance
The ultimate goal of process automation in PeopleSoft is to bring your IT, security, business, and governance teams together. Listed below are some of the key capabilities that help enterprises move toward a risk-based security framework.
1. Risk management as a continuous part of transactions and digital operations: For many PeopleSoft teams, internal control management is only a point-in-time view of routine financial controls. This often fails to provide an enterprise view of controls across roles, business systems, operations, and processes. Organizations need a unified internal control automation, monitoring, and remediation platform to eliminate the need for random sampling and manual testing that could lead to lengthy audit cycles and incomplete visibility into risks. With process automation in PeopleSoft, teams can leverage continuous control monitoring to ensure business transactions adhere to SoD requirements and sensitive data is secure.
2. Optimized access governance cycle: PeopleSoft teams often have access governance processes managed in siloes that provide an incomplete view of enterprise risks and make detection and remediation difficult. Replacing traditional access governance with process automation solutions helps integrate multiple processes in a central hub. Traditional access controls in PeopleSoft often treat access governance as a one-off activity that involves manual checks and approvals designed to reduce risk. This, however, introduces challenges at each stage of the access lifecycle. Companies leveraging process automation reap the following benefits –
- Streamlines management throughout the access lifecycle
- Automated integrated provisioning gets users up and running fast
- Adaptive controls provide just-in-time, just-enough access
- Continuous monitoring helps ensure business transactions adhere to SoD requirements and protect sensitive PeopleSoft data
- Deprovisioning is automated and centralized
- Preventative controls block suspicious activities in real-time and allow rapid remediation
- Automated user access reviews save time, cost and improve accuracy
3. Context and risk-aware access decisions: Companies with a siloed approach to internal controls fail to deliver insights and context to access and usage of sensitive PeopleSoft data. This makes forming a connection between controls, risk management, and performance nearly impossible. With the development of broader GRC and enterprise risk management strategies, companies often struggle to unify department and process-level controls. PeopleSoft process automation helps combat these challenges by enabling organizations with a 360-degree contextual awareness of internal controls. Based on the context of user access and risk level, organizations can now identify and analyze SoD risks and centralize SoD across systems.
Pathlock Leverages Process Automation For PeopleSoft Security And Compliance
Pathlock enables granular, just-in-time access control for your PeopleSoft applications and helps strengthen security with automated governance processes, dynamic access control, and continuous monitoring with the following capabilities:
- SOD management: Ensure Segregation of Duties within and across applications. Automated SoD review and report generation reduce costs by over 90%.
- Adaptive access control: Align access rights for groups, users, roles, and access objects across multiple security models. Set context-based permissions and implement preventative, detective, and mitigating controls.
- Provisioning: Run what-if scenarios to catch potential conflicts within and between applications such as ERP, procurement, Human Capital Management, CRM, and more.
- Temporary, emergency access: Set just-in-time access that expires automatically. Provide auditors with granular detail into activities during periods of elevated access.
- Privacy compliance: Prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data with PII discovery, data minimization and masking, and transaction-level controls.
- Future-proof controls: Manage a single set of controls that cover multiple use cases and map to a consistent security framework.
Interested to learn how Pathlock’s solution helps PeopleSoft teams with process automation? Schedule a demo today.